piątek, 2 października 2015

Within heart beat - Assemblage Art + VIDEO tutorial for Finnabair

Hi mixed media friends!
Firstly I must say how happy, honoured and grateful I am for continuing my journey with Finnabair Creative Finn. This is a dream team and being here is such a privilage for me.
I am absolutely over the moon that I can meet you all here in the next months and share my love for mixed media.

Do you know what Assemblage is ?
Today I would like to show you my mixed media assemblage piece.

Assemblage is an artistic form or medium usually created on a defined substrate that consists of three-dimensional elements projecting out of or from the substrate. It is similar to collage, a two-dimensional medium. It is part of the visual arts, it typically uses found objects, but is not limited to these materials.



This piece was in my head for a long time. I had kept this old broken telly part and waited for an inspiration to come.
I could see my finished project right away but... it kept on changing while I was creating.

It's special piece... two hearts... connected by wire like myself and my daughter Emily... (you can see her small hand on the video for split second :)


As you can see main telly part was left uncoloured. In my first vision I hoped to blend in all the elements and cover it with some colour. At the end I left the original green and decided to find some coordinating shades and match small findings to my main green colour.


I added many found objects and craft embellishments like metal pieces, chipboards and resin elements.



To colour my make I used new colours of Mica Powders from Finnabair and gel medium.
By mixing gel medium and mica powders you will get a great shiny paint.
As you can see all coloured elements are having this fantastic shimmery shine.
I hope you will enjoy the video!






Love, Marta xx

Products from Mixed Media Place:


4 komentarze:

  1. Marta,
    Your assemblage art is so awesome with wonderful colors and the two hearts connected are awesome. And, your video was wonderful, as always and I saw that your little one was being helpful!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. This is something I want to try. Love all your work.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Just stunning Marta! I love love love it! That heart with the fairy, it's so sweet and delicate on such a masculine project!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. genialny pomysł! :) już zleciłam Wybrankowi zdobycie mi kilku takich płyt!

    OdpowiedzUsuń